December 13, 2012

Asuntos marinos - Juan Pastorelli (Galería Yvonne Sanguineti)


Pablo Patrucco
I don’t think it is laughable to cry because of a dream. A dream can mean just one moment in your life when you come across a very sensitive point or even an epiphany, and in these cases it is as serious as any other event. A dream can let you know how obsessed are you with someone, how you stopped caring for somebody you used to love, how you think happiness really is instead of the construction we tend to believe so firmly in real life. I love to remember my dreams; to me it doesn’t matter whether if they are good or bad. Even a nightmare will tell me something about myself. Maybe you could try to interpret your dream, maybe it has some really important message, or maybe not, either way, if it mobilizes your feelings like that it was important. Definitely.
my drawing / mi dibujo

I have weird dreams sometimes. The other night I had a dream about Caius Julius Caesar. Too bad we won’t be able to talk intensely about De Bello Gallico here. When I was learning Latin, I hoped I’d be able to read it some distant day in the future in its original language, just as Caesar wrote it. What I love to read is the original texts, so I have had a great time reading from Herodotus’ History to Suetonius’ Twelve Caesars. The consequence of reading all that is having the greatest dreams ever.
___________________________________________________________
___________________________________________________________


Anoche se inauguró la muestra “Asuntos marinos” del reconocido y prestigioso artista Juan Pastorelli en la Galería Yvonne Sanguineti. Pastorelli presenta cuadros firmemente anclados en la realidad cotidiana de nuestro país, sus imágenes nos ponen en contacto con una realidad unívoca, serena, y sumamente sugestiva. Con una envidiable trayectoria, Pastorelli es hoy por hoy una figura clave del arte contemporáneo peruano, y sus cuadros demuestran que su propuesta está libre de efectismos, libre de disfuerzos, libre de la necesidad de escandalizar a la audiencia, las suyas son pinturas que evocan esa paz elemental a la que todo ser humano debe, o debería, aspirar. 

En esta ocasión, me acompañó mi gran amigo del colegio Juan Carlos Gibson, y en el transcurso de la noche nos encontramos con Yvonne Sanguineti, Tatiana Paez Sanguineti, Mariloli de Koechlin, Julio Garay, Hugo Alegre, Carmen Alegre, Isabelle Decencière y  Rhony Alhalel. Aunque, sin duda, lo mejor fue conversar durante más de dos horas con Juan Carlos. 

Esa misma noche también se inauguraba una muestra colectiva organizada por la galería 80M2 en el Malecón Pazos, pero se nos hizo tarde y no pudimos llegar a verla. Entre vino tinto y whisky, la velada transcurrió de modo apacible y ameno.  

1 comment:

  1. I must thank you for the efforts you have put in penning
    this site. I really hope to check out the same high-grade content by you in the future as well.

    In truth, your creative writing abilities has motivated me to get my own website
    now ;)
    Here is my web page ; drum tobacco

    ReplyDelete