December 21, 2017

November Films / películas de noviembre

I’ve been so busy this semester that, again, I barely had time to go to the movies once. I saw Thor: Ragnarok (2017), directed by Taika Waititi. I had so much fun with this third installment in the Odinson’s trilogy, I especially enjoyed the way this Hollywood blockbuster combines a good sense of humor with some great sagas such as Planet Hulk (Hulk trapped in a gladiatorial world) or Unworthy Thor (a fall from grace for the God of Thunder). Thor: Ragnarok reminded me of all the things I love about the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and it had some great moments, such as Doctor Strange’s cameo, Odin’s final words, the Grandmaster’s first appearance, Hela’s cold demeanor and her ability to kill, and so on. Of course, the cast of this Marvel production is, once again, absolutely impressive: Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Tom Hiddleston, Cate Blanchett, Jeff Goldblum, Karl Urban, Mark Ruffalo (Hulk), Anthony Hopkins and Benedict Cumberbatch (Doctor Strange). 
________________________________________________________________________________________________
________________________________________________________________________________________________
He estado tan ocupado este semestre que, nuevamente, apenas tuve tiempo de ir al cine una vez. Vi Thor: Ragnarok (2017), dirigida por Taika Waititi. Me divertí mucho con esta tercera entrega de la trilogía del hijo de Odín, disfruté especialmente la forma en que este éxito de taquilla de Hollywood combina un buen sentido del humor con algunas grandes sagas como Planet Hulk (Hulk atrapado en un mundo de gladiadores) o Unworthy Thor (un Dios del Trueno caído en desgracia). Thor: Ragnarok me recordó todas las cosas que me encantan del Universo Cinematico de Marvel, y hubo algunos momentos geniales, como el cameo del Doctor Strange, las últimas palabras de Odín, la primera aparición de Grandmaster, el comportamiento frío de Hela y su habilidad para matar, y así sucesivamente. Por supuesto, el elenco de esta producción de Marvel es, una vez más, absolutamente impresionante: Chris Hemsworth (Thor), Tom Hiddleston, Cate Blanchett, Jeff Goldblum, Karl Urban, Mark Ruffalo (Hulk), Anthony Hopkins y Benedict Cumberbatch (Doctor Strange). 

6 comments:

  1. I haven't gone to see that one yet. I saw Justice League on my birthday last night. I didn't hate it as much as critics. Which is the inverse of Star Wars The Last Jedi.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops, I meant last month, not last night. lol

      Delete
    2. Oh I actually didn't see Justice League. I can't say I have high expectations for that one...

      Delete
    3. I didn't know your birthday was in November

      Delete
  2. I was also very busy.... Didn't get the chance to see this one. I went to see Last Jedi this week and I liked it.

    ReplyDelete