October 6, 2011

New York Comic Con 2011

New York Comic Con starts next week, I had made plans to go, but financial constraints will prevent me from doing so. I could almost see myself signing issues and doing quick sketches to countless hordes of fans, while boasting about new projects and comic books yet to come. Turns out, even the best plans of men and mice often go awry. My best wishes to my fellow creators who will be attending NY Comic Con.

My inks / mi entintado

Idle hands are the devil’s playground says an old proverb, and I’ve kept myself busy drawing something that is not meant for publication, and that perhaps functions only as mere ornament in the eyes of the beholder, here you have a nearly finished inked version inspired in Durero’s etchings. And also, my second penciled page for volume 7. What say you of this?
my pencils / mis lápices

__________________________________________________________________________


New York Comic Con empieza la próxima semana. Tenía planes para ir a New York, pero restricciones monetarias me lo impiden. Casi podía verme firmando ejemplares y realizando bocetos rápidos para incontables hordas de fans, mientras presumía de proyectos y cómics aún por venir. Resulta que, a menudo, los mejores planes se van al tacho de basura. Mis mejores deseos para los creadores que estarán en la convención de cómics.

my name on the cover / mi nombre en la portada

Dice un viejo proverbio que las manos ociosas no conducen a nada bueno, así es que me he mantenido ocupado dibujando algo que no está destinado a ser publicado, y que tal vez sólo sea un mero adorno ante los ojos del que lo contemple, aquí va la versión entintada parcialmente, inspirada en un grabado de Durero. Y también mi segunda página a lápiz para el volumen 7 ¿Qué les parece?

4 comments:

  1. Arion,

    So sorry I won't get to meet you at Comic Con. But thanks for getting the word out. Leigh Walls and I will be signing on Friday from noon-2pm. You'll be with us in spirit!

    Camille Dewing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Camille, oh and don't forget: Take lots of pics and post them on your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you are talent about drawing, I liked what you did for "The Gathering".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Atreyu, that really means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete